Welcome to the IIFYM Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogenase View Post
    Here goes:

1. Lucky Charms!
    2. Oreo-O's (RIP)
    3. Peanut Butter Cheerios (so much win in that, but never had them mixed with Banana nut cheerios- must try!)
    4. Cookie Crisp/ sugar cookie crisp
    5. Scooby Doo Cereal (it's essentially the vanilla flavored version of the oats from Lucky Charms, hell yeah)
    6. Waffle Crisp (RIP)
    7. Blueberry "muffin tops" -- you know that cheap 52 servings in one bag cereal from Walmart, mmm yeah
    8. Kelloggs "Krave"-- the one with the vanilla outside and the chocolate inside
    9. *an underdog* Kix cereal (kid favorite!)
    10. Leapin' Lemurs "Envirokids" cereal-- yeah, it's essentially overpriced Reeses peanut butter puffs, but when I was a youngin' I had a thing about Lemurs so I feel really happy eating it!

We don't have Meijer's out here in OR but we've got Fred MEYERS which sell sometimes "Marshmellow Mateys"-- they are kind of better than Lucky Charms (I know, it's sin) because more marshmellows.

That's very cool about the Meijer's. I have sort of a love for MI because my uncle lives there and I took a great family vacation there as a kid-- we went to Mackinaw (sp?) island, Drummond Island, and the upper peninsula. Beautiful state-- really!
    A couple things:

1. Good list. Some strong contenders.

2. Oreo O's needs to be brought back. ASAP.

3. You can still get Waffle Crisp at some stores and Post has a new line called Good Morenings, and they have Waffle Crunch, which is essentially the same thing. http://www.postfoods.com/our-brands/good-morenings

4. Leapin lemurs over Reese's Puffs? Son, I am disappoint .

2. Time to lobby for a "resurrection" line of late 80's early 90's cereals. TMNT cereal as well. I don't think I ever had the pleasure of downing grainy replicas of Leo, Donatello, etc. and i am disappoint in myself!

3. I did not realize the Good Mornings had a Waffle Flavor! (sometimes I have bought this for my husband but I think maybe some kind of berry flavor?) goodbye paycheck HELLO CEREAL

4. I do love the Reese's Puffs, but that little lemur face on the box gets me every time.
    *good to be a chick in this case, as "well the box is cuter" can be used as a justification.... *

Kix Berry Berry also going to be added to this weeks cereal list! Definitely usually go with the standard flavor, that would be a nice change!

2. Time to lobby for a "resurrection" line of late 80's early 90's cereals. TMNT cereal as well. I don't think I ever had the pleasure of downing grainy replicas of Leo, Donatello, etc. and i am disappoint in myself!

3. I did not realize the Good Mornings had a Waffle Flavor! (sometimes I have bought this for my husband but I think maybe some kind of berry flavor?) goodbye paycheck HELLO CEREAL

4. I do love the Reese's Puffs, but that little lemur face on the box gets me every time.
    *good to be a chick in this case, as "well the box is cuter" can be used as a justification.... *

Kix Berry Berry also going to be added to this weeks cereal list! Definitely usually go with the standard flavor, that would be a nice change!
    Speaking of Kix, I just saw "Honey Kix" on the shelf. Anyone had those?

Also of note, since we are talking about flavored varieties of milder cereals, Apple Cinnamon Chex is shockingly good. In milk, I have the same beef with it as I have with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but just like CTC it is awesome as a dry snack.

eyeballed those myself, but was craving the original! have not tried.

interesting on the apple cinnamon chex. in general i'm not really into chex... is it a rice-based one or a corn-based one? i've found that apart from the "rice krispies treats" cereal, which is primarily marshmellow anyway, i tend to not really like rice... for no good reason other than taste preference-- but if it's based on the corn chex, it has potential! may try-- can always feed it to SPARTA (husband) who is a bottomless pit with the metabolism of a flock of hummingbirds

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifist View Post
    Speaking of Kix, I just saw "Honey Kix" on the shelf. Anyone had those?

Also of note, since we are talking about flavored varieties of milder cereals, Apple Cinnamon Chex is shockingly good. In milk, I have the same beef with it as I have with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but just like CTC it is awesome as a dry snack.
    I have yet to pull the trigger on honey kix, though I'd imagine they are quite delectable.

I have heard great things about ACC but haven't purchased those either. I am a huge fan of honey nut chex, and I dig apple cinnamon cheerios, so I should give the chex a shot.

interesting on the apple cinnamon chex. in general i'm not really into chex... is it a rice-based one or a corn-based one? i've found that apart from the "rice krispies treats" cereal, which is primarily marshmellow anyway, i tend to not really like rice... for no good reason other than taste preference-- but if it's based on the corn chex, it has potential! may try-- can always feed it to SPARTA (husband) who is a bottomless pit with the metabolism of a flock of hummingbirds
    Rice krispies treats ROCK. I totally forgot about those!

amen!
    i totally saw them for sale at a big lots in springfield the other day.
    ALMOST bought them, but was in a rush and assumed they were probably expired or something...
    I go by that big lots frequently though... so the opportunity is not lost to revive the rice krispie treats cereal!

I want to say that it's rice, which is not my favorite either. The flavoring made me forget all about that though...

checked this morning while i was waiting on my coffee at the "within safeway" starbucks-- it is indeed rice. but i'm happy to report, 8 g of sugar for 22 g of carbs, so really it's maximum about 2/3 rice, and the rest tasty tasty sugar!

clearly broscience was lost on me.

My coach gives me 200g carb refeeds. :-) This week I'm going for cap 'n crunch. Ah yeah buddy!

pop tarts are in the cereal aisle. so yeah, pop tarts.