The most common question we get fom our readers:
HOW DO I START IIFYM?!?!?
In this article I will take all of the guess work out of IIFYM and give you a specific path to follow:
1. Buy a digital food scale (weigh everything in grams, uncooked)
2. Open a free account at one of these online resource:
3. Use the IIFYM Calculator to get your exact macros based on your your specific body and energy levels
4. Weigh everything you eat for the first 3 months. (Eventually you can eyeball it but we suggest staying consistent with the scale for best results)
5. Log every single thing you eat at your online resource from above.
6. If trying to lose weight, eat between 15& – 20% calories less than your TDEE, every day (the IIFYM Calculator is perfect figuring this out)
7. If trying to gain weight, eat 10% more calories than your TDEE, every Day ( preferably from carbs and protein)
8. To dial in IIFYM with more accuracy, follow these steps:
-Eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight
-Eat .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight
-Any remaining calories you have left in your daily total will come from carbs
-Take in 20% – 25% of your body weight in fiber every day
-Drink 1 gallon of water per day in addition to any other liquid you consume
9. As your fat loss continues, recalculate your TDEE and adust your macros based on your progress. Once every 5 lbs is acceptable.
10. Things to remember
-Select foods that are rich in micro nutrients (vitamins and mineral) first. Once your micro nutrients are met, go for food that you enjoy eating, while staying within your personal range of macro nutrients. (Once micros are met, worry less about the foods you eat, and more about the macros you meet)
-Take a gender specific multi vitamin to insure your micro nutrients are being met