Double Berry Protein Muffins
Get a sweet explosion of berry flavor from this quick and easy macro friendly berry muffin recipe. We use blueberries and strawberries but many other fruits can be substituted as long as it fits your macros!
Note: this recipe includes a couple of ingredients you may not normally have in your house like Caramel Cookie Stix Modern Protein Powder and sugar free, fat free pudding mix.
Jello makes a variety of sugar free and fat free pudding mixes, we recommend you use the vanilla one in this (though banana cream could be delicious as well!)
As for the protein powder, this specific cookie flavored powder lends a certain caramel sweetness to the muffins, but you could easily substitute a vanilla protein powder you already have on hand with similar macros (130 calories, 3.5g fat, 2g carbs, 23g protein).
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients and add water as necessary to form a batter.
- Cut up Strawberries and blueberries into little chunks and throw into batter.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes and monitor them. Muffins are done when a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean.
- Allow 2-3 minutes to cool and then enjoy!