Grilled Lemon Chicken with Feta Rice
Chicken and rice get a bad rap for being boring diet food… but this is not your bland, dry chicken recipe. This macro friendly Grilled Lemon Chicken with Feta Rice is a tasty twist to the boring old chicken and rice combo.
- Combine chicken, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic in a zip lock bag. Toss to coat chicken and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Begin heating rice in water according to package instructions.
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard left over marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then grill for approximately 6 minutes on each side.
- Combine rice, celery, feta, pumpkin seeds and basil in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve chicken breast on top of rice.
- Eat and enjoy!
skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 (halved) (344g)
fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons (60g)
1 teaspoon (5g)
2 teaspoons (8g)
1 cup water (237g)
uncooked brown rice
1/2 cup (100g)
crumbled feta cheese
2/3 cup (100g)
chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup (12g)
2 medium stalks (100g)
pepita (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup (30g)
salt & pepper to taste