Birthday Cake Donuts
Birthday cake and donuts, two things we all love (especially donuts)… Both, however, are loaded with carbs and fat, which is fine, but they make a major dent in our macros for the day just indulging on one of them.
We were able to combine the best of both worlds AND give make it macro friendly by creating our birthday cake donut recipe. Each donut has only 13 grams of carbs, 2.5 grams of fat, while still packing in an impressive 11.5 grams of protein. You can begin to enjoy breakfast again with this tasty macro friendly birthday cake donut recipe.
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients into a mixing bowl (place some sprinkles in batter)
- Add wet ingredients and stir to form batter
- Coat a circular donut pan with cooking spray and transfer batter
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Transfer donuts to a seperate plate
- Mix Whey and yogurt to form a thick pudding (this is your glaze)
- Take a donut, dip it into the glaze, let the remaining glaze drip over the bowl, and set it on a plate
- Garnish top of the donuts with sprinkles and crushed up cereal